Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tough year on the river

With another year almost in the books it has to be said that this was the worst year I've ever experienced! The spring was filled with high water and terrible weather. My first flathead didn't come till may 16th and it came from a local lake. I never broke the teens personally but put a few guys on there personal bests and accompanied a few others on decent fish. To me seeing a few of my buddies catch PBs made for a good year regardless of my results. Only thing I can say is that I did learn a few things this year! 1st off is that I can't rely on old spots for success, after all the high water alot of my honey holes have changed and didn't give up many good fish. 2nd my favorite go to bait (northern hognosed suckers) were scarce in my stretch of the river. This coming up spring I need to start over and scout a lot of new areas. I hit a few tourneys this year and did pretty well. I'm gonna give the tournaments a more serious try next year and even hit a handful of the Cabelas King Kat Tourneys.
At the beginning of the year I started a new catfishing forum with a good friend of mine and it's taken off quite nicely, better than I expected actually and it's continuing to grow with great positive members and have some great sponsors! I have alot going on starting the first of the year. I'm starting a catfish research project with a private company and going to continue growing my website and better my fishing skills and knowledge.




No comments:

Post a Comment