Monday, August 26, 2013

8-24 Muskingum River

Took my young cousin Gavin out saturday night on a Flathead trip.  Got anchored up about 8:00 pm in the first spot.  Soon after dark I reeled in our first fish of the night, a nice 10# channelcat.  Our next spot was down river about a mile.  Shortly after anchoring up Gavin landed a 8# flathead.  About an hour went by and my rod hammered down.  I knew it was a big fish!  After a good battle I finally got him to the boat and gavin did a great job as netman.  This fish weighed 44.11#s.  After a few pics and release my other rod went down, Gavin got to rod and reeled in another good flat at 22#s.  The night was slow after that and we headed back to the ramp at 2:30am.  Another great trip!  With the cooling water temps the bite is really starting to heat up and only gonna get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment