Sunday, February 5, 2012

Abu Garcia Kalex 60 reels from Bottom Dwellers Tackle

Picked up 4 Kalex reels from Dave at Bottom Dwellers, also got power handles and a 1# spool of Hi-Seas 25# mono. I picked these reels up for Valerie and I for channel cattin. I was impressed with the quality for the price. The Kalex reels have a recessed reelseat for easier handling on the rod, Thumb bar spool release and a clicking drag indicator which is handy. I like the drag which seemed smooth and strong. I'm confided these reels will handle anything I throw at them. Great price, service and fast shipping as always from Bottom Dwellers. Can't wait to test them out.


2 comments:

  1. so have you caught anything large with the kalex reel, I was just curious on how they are holding up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't caught anything over 10#s with them yet. I bought them for channelcats anyways. A friend of mine has caught flatheads and blues up to 33#s on them. I have confidence I'n these reels for bigger fish just that wasn't my intention buying them. I have my Shimano Tekotas for the big fish.

    ReplyDelete